THIS IS INDIE --- INDIE PUNK POP

THIS IS INDIE --- THIS IS HOW WE FEEL!

IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU HEAR ON THIS BLOG
BUY THE ALBUMS AND SUPPORT THE ARTISTS!

ENJOY!

There might be files password protected from time to time.
Try "monomod".

Email me at:
monomod AT yahoo DOT de

+++UPDATED LINKS+++UPDATED LINKS+++UPDATED LINKS+++UPDATED LINKS+++

Latest updates
20JUL2017

DANNY WILSON Sweet Danny Wilson (1992)

Sunday, 4 September 2011

ANDY PAWLAK Deep In You


Dear listeners, followers, friends and ANDY PAWLAK-addicts.
As announced ANDY wanted to take the chance to answer a few questions that are frequently asked here.

"Any plans to record something in the future?"

The simple answer is I just dont know. I was pretty badly burned by Universal after "Low Beat Folk" and I just thought fuck it.
I have always tried so hard with my songs and I thought enough is enough. I ain't touched a guitar in a while but you never know the feeling might come back. That's the strange thing about song writing - it comes when it comes, I dont really have any control over it,
I'm just the sucker who gets to write it down.

"Why was there no follow up after Shoebox?"
There was! and it was good but the record company didn't like it. It was a lot of very hard work wasted. It was more guitar based than "shoebox" more mature and tougher. There was some good songs that will never be heard. I was so upset I destroyed all the demos.
Thats when I decided to fuck off for a few years and went to San Francisco to do my helicopter stuff.
(From an earlier mail: I had just got out of my first record deal with Phonogram and fancied a change of direction so I grabbed my suitcase and a guitar and moved to San Francisco to to go to flight school. It took 7 months to get my commercial licence then I trained to become a flight instructor.I stayed in California about 5 years then came back to London and signed with Island Records to do Low Beat Folk. I had many amazing adventures flying, one of the best was flying to Michael Jacksons house (twice), and spending the afternoon pissing about in his golf cart around the ranch in never never land.)

"Why was Low Beat never released?"
Well for me that's the big question. I did 5 or so years in California and started to write again so I moved back to London to get a deal.
One of my dreams had always been to sign with Island Records, so I finished the album and put a band together called "Monkey".
Island went for it and" Low Beat Folk" was recorded. It took 3 years to write and record and I was so proud of the work we had all done..... Then out of the blue, Island were bought out by Universal and they dropped the project after spending a lot of money on it. I was so fucking gutted. I went to New York and secured a deal for it within 2 weeks. The contracts arrived, and I was about to sign, when I got word from Universal legal dept that they would not allow the recordings to be used. The Mother Fuckers effectivley shut us down. It broke my heart...

Thanks so much, Andy!
If you readers have any more questions let me know.

Today's song...:
This one is an incredible song from the album "Tales From The Monkeyshed" recorded under the name SUBDELUXE.
The album is available at iTunes (here) or sooner or later on THIS IS INDIE. Of course with ANDY PAWLAK's permission.

Download from Andy's site here.


"Even in sleep I'm deep in you..."

No comments:

Post a Comment